Model 98/05 bayonet with scabbard
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This Model 98/05 bayonet with scabbard and frog, was brought back as a souvenir by Pvt. Robert William Scollon, 15th U.S. Engineer Regt. Commonly called a "butcher blade" this model was the standard bayonet for the German Army during World War, 1914-1918. There is a small cryptic mark on the proper left ricasso.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Weapons and ammunition
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Model 98/05 bayonet with scabbard. 1905-1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/510. (Accessed October 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1905-1918) Model 98/05 bayonet with scabbard. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/510
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/510>.