Night-time scene of state capitol, Nashville, Tenn., between 1915 and 1930
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- between 1915 and 1930
A color postcard depicting the Tennessee State Capitol at night. Situated in the center of the city at Charlotte Avenue and Sixth Avenue, the capitol building rests 197 feet above the level of the Cumberland River. The building draws on elements of Grecian architecture. It is constructed of limestone, chiseled from the quarries around Nashville. On the grounds are several monuments and historical markers, including a bronze statue of General Jackson. Forms part of the Nashville Room Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Asheville Post Card Co. (Publisher)
- Tennessee State Capitol (Nashville, Tenn.)
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Tennessee--Capital and capitol
Charlotte Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
Sixth Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Night-time scene of state capitol, Nashville, Tenn., between 1915 and 1930. between 1915 and 1930. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/662. (Accessed September 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (between 1915 and 1930) Night-time scene of state capitol, Nashville, Tenn., between 1915 and 1930. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/662
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/662>.