Printer’s Alley, Nashville, Tennessee, 1953 June 18
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A view of Printer’s Alley, Nashville, Tennessee, June 18th, 1953. The Brass Rail Stables is pictured in the background. Printer’s Alley is named for Nashville’s publishing and printing industry that started in this immediate area before the turn of the twentieth century. During the 1920s’ Prohibition, there were several speakeasies in the alley. During the 1940s, nightclubs opened in the alley when the entertainment district was a showcase for the talents of performers such as Boots Randolph, Chet Atkins, Waylon Jennings, Dottie West, Hank Williams, Barbara Mandrell, and Jimi Hendrix. Printer’s Alley continues to be a popular entertainment destination for both locals and tourists. Printer’s Alley is a National Register Historic District. Forms part of Record Group 3, Metro Davidson County Photographer. 1 photograph negative : b & w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Printer’s Alley (Nashville, Tenn.)
Brass Rail Stables (Nashville, Tenn.)
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville and Davidson County (Tenn.)--History--Sources
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
Printers Alley (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact: Metro Nashville Archives, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5880.
- Chicago citation style
- Printer’s Alley, Nashville, Tennessee, 1953 June 18. 1953-06-18. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/6819. (Accessed November 12, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1953-06-18) Printer’s Alley, Nashville, Tennessee, 1953 June 18. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/6819
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/6819>.