WWI veteran John Bowling's death certficate
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1949 June 24
Bowling died in the Veteran's Administration hospital at Mountain Home in Johnson City, and was buried in Knoxville at Lynnhurst Cemetery. His occupation is listed as fireman. His father was Charles D. Bowling and his mother Mary Graves. Pvt. Bowling served as a teamster in the 53rd Pioneer Brig. working on military engineering works in France. The document in GWmary025 cites his service in St. Mihiel and Argonne Forest from September 12 to Armistice Day, November 11, 1918.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Washington County (Tenn.)
- ReportsDocumentsMilitary records
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- WWI veteran John Bowling's death certficate. 1949 June 24. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1554. (Accessed September 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1949 June 24) WWI veteran John Bowling's death certficate. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1554
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1554>.