Photograph of regimental formation, St. Helena Training Station
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1918 January 18
Panoramic photograph shows rows of U.S. Navy sailors and officers standing in formation. Four flag bearers are at formation center. The St. Helena Training Station was located across from the Navy Yard at Berkley, Virginia but management transferred to Norfolk Naval Base in 1917. On the reverse, Marvin Ragsdale (nicknamed Bee) wrote, "Bee was not in this one he was in the/Hospital/. Complements [sic] of Marvin/to/Mother/Jan. 31, 1918."
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Norfolk (Va.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Photograph of regimental formation, St. Helena Training Station. 1918 January 18. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/191. (Accessed October 24, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918 January 18) Photograph of regimental formation, St. Helena Training Station. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/191
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/191>.