Soldiers' record for William C. Summers
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Framed ceremonial certificate for William Clellie Summers (1888-1947) giving date of service from Sept. 17, 1917 to Apr. 16, 1919. Includes 8 photographs of soldiers going through training. Copyright by H. H. Stratton, Chattanooga, Tenn., 1917. Summers served in Co. M, 117th Inf. Regt., 30th Div. He was Private, 1st Class at time of discharge from service. He was a farmer from Oakdale, Morgan County, Tenn., and he returned to the farm after the war. He died in a hunting accident in 1947.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Chattanooga (Tenn.)
- CertificatesMilitary records
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Soldiers' record for William C. Summers. 1917. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2623. (Accessed September 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917) Soldiers' record for William C. Summers. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2623
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2623>.