Nashville’s Salute to Vietnam Veterans at Centennial Park, Nashville, Tennessee, 1981 October 04
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A scene from Nashville’s Star-Spangled Salute to Vietnam Veterans, hosted by Mayor Richard Fulton and the Davidson County Veterans Coordinating Council at Centennial Park on October 4th, 1981. The festivities started with a fly-over by three Huey helicopters from the Tennessee Army National Guard and two C-130 troop transports from the Tennessee Air National Guard. Two Nashville natives, and former prisoners of war, Vice Admiral William P. Lawrence and business executive John Deering were presented with bronze medallions and certificates of appreciation at this special event. Entertainment at this special event included the Balph Brothers, the Concert Band of the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Sports Parachute Skydiving Club of Fort Campbell, Opryland’s Gospel Quartet, Community Choir, Dancers’ Studio, and the Winters Brothers Band. Forms part of the Kolleen Hudgins, Director of Special Events, Mayor’s Office Collection. 1 photograph : b & w.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Hudgins, Kolleen
Parthenon (Art museum : Nashville, Tenn.)
Rites and ceremonies--Tennessee--Nashville
Military ceremonies, honors, and salutes--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Nashville and Davidson County (Tenn.)--History--Sources
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact: Metro Nashville Archives, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5880.
- Chicago citation style
- Nashville’s Salute to Vietnam Veterans at Centennial Park, Nashville, Tennessee, 1981 October 04. 1981-10-04. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/6478. (Accessed December 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1981-10-04) Nashville’s Salute to Vietnam Veterans at Centennial Park, Nashville, Tennessee, 1981 October 04. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/6478
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/6478>.