Blount County, Tennessee (1834)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- approximately 1834
Hand-drawn map of Blount County (Tenn.) that shows the French Broad River, Chilhowee Mountain, Tuckaleechee Cove, Cades Cove, Cherokee villages of Tallassee and Tellico and Callaway's Turnpike connecting them, roads, Lowry's ferry, Hall's ferry, "Rosses" (Ross's) Island and the North Carolina border. This map was either drawn by or sent to Matthew Rhea, probably for use by him in his seminal 1834 map of the State of Tennessee.
Matthew Rhea was a cartographer, geologist and educator from Tennessee who made many contributions to the intellectual and cultural life of Tennessee.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- French Broad River (N.C. and Tenn.) Tennessee River
Cades Cove (Tenn.)
Cities & towns
- Blount County (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Blount County, Tennessee (1834). approximately 1834. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/161. (Accessed January 17, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (approximately 1834) Blount County, Tennessee (1834). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/161
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/161>.