Winding drive, Warner Park, Nashville, Tenn., between 1907 and 1914
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- between 1907 and 1914
A postcard of a winding drive in Warner Park, Nashville, Tennessee, dated between 1907 and 1914. The verso reads: "Warner Park, just beyond the city limits, contains 2,550 acres and many miles of beautiful drives and enchanting bridle paths and pleasant foot walks. This park is noted for its natural scenery, consisting of rugged, hilly, Middle Tennessee countryside that has been undisturbed by the hand of man." Edwin and Percy Warner Parks, collectively known as "The Warner Parks," are managed by the Metropolitan Board of Parks and Recreation of Nashville and Davidson County. The Warner Parks are the largest municipally administered parks in Tennessee and together span 2,684 acres of forest and field, located approximately 9 miles from downtown Nashville. These popular parks feature picnic areas, scenic roadways and overlooks, hiking trails, equestrian center and horse trails, cross country running courses, golf courses, athletic fields and other areas of the park. Warner Parks is an important historical community resource that is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Forms part of the Nashville Room Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Capitol News Co. (Publisher) E. C. Kropp Co. (Publisher)
- Sports & Recreation
Sports & recreation facilities--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
Percy Warner Park (Nashville, Tenn.)
Edwin Warner Park (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Winding drive, Warner Park, Nashville, Tenn., between 1907 and 1914. between 1907 and 1914. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2313. (Accessed September 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (between 1907 and 1914) Winding drive, Warner Park, Nashville, Tenn., between 1907 and 1914. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2313
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2313>.