Photograph of the USS Finland
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1919 March 23
This image shows the USS Finland docked at Newport News, Virginia. The 114th Field Artillery sailed back from Europe on the Finland. The Finland was originally an ocean liner for the Red Star Line built in 1902. During World War I, she served initially as a transport for the Army but transferred to the Navy in April 1918. She returned over 32,000 troops to the US at wars end. The photograph belonged to Musician Kenneth Redford, HQ Co., 114th FA, 30th Div. Redford was from Franklin, Tennessee.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Newport News (Va.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Photograph of the USS Finland. 1919 March 23. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2156. (Accessed October 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1919 March 23) Photograph of the USS Finland. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2156
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2156>.