Copy of the military discharge of Floyd W. Johnson
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1949 November 19
Pvt. Floyd Johnson, Btry. E, 115th FA, 30th Div., was a farmer and enlisted at Jackson, Tennessee in 1917. He saw action in the Mihiel Offensive and in the Argonne Forrest. This copy of his dscharge was filed with the County Register. The 30th Div. was composed of National Guard units from Tennessee and North and South Carolina and was nicknamed the Old Hickory Division in honor of Andrew Jackson. They served under British command for much of their time in Europe.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Madison County (Tenn.)
- DocumentsMilitary records
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Copy of the military discharge of Floyd W. Johnson. 1949 November 19. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1030. (Accessed October 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1949 November 19) Copy of the military discharge of Floyd W. Johnson. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1030
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1030>.