Civil War map of the country between Franklin and Columbia
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Hand drawn map, dated May 1863 and made under the direction of Union cartographer Capt. William Merrill, of the country between Franklin and Columbia featuring the positions of roads, railroads, and the Duck River. Very detailed map also provides the names of towns, tollgates, ferries and the owners of individual property. The map depicts the exact terrain over which Gen. Hood's Army of Tennessee moved from November 28-30, 1864 in its maneuvering against Gen. Schofield's Federal army at Spring Hill and Franklin. It was made from Capt. Dunham's Survey and information collected by cartographic engineer Thomas Sedgwick.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
Merrill, W. E. (William Emery), 1837-1891
- Franklin (Tenn.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Civil War map of the country between Franklin and Columbia. 1863. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/94. (Accessed September 17, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1863) Civil War map of the country between Franklin and Columbia. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/94
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/94>.