Nashville, Tenn. Carnegie Library, circa 1910
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A postcard of the Carnegie Library of Nashville. The pubic library building was constructed with a $100,000 grant from philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, and the cornerstone was laid on April 27, 1903. Officially opened to the public on September 19, 1904, the building was located at 8th Avenue North and Union Street. The Carnegie Library of Nashville was renamed the Nashville Public Library in 1934, being active at this location until 1963, when the new Metropolitan Government began construction on a new main library upon the site. Forms part of the Nashville Room Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Raphael Tuck & Sons' (Publisher)
- Public Library of Nashville and Davidson County--History
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
Social & civic facilities--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Eighth Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
Union Street (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Nashville, Tenn. Carnegie Library, circa 1910. 1910~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/784. (Accessed October 13, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1910~) Nashville, Tenn. Carnegie Library, circa 1910. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/784
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/784>.