Letter from Marine Jeff Montgomery to Ruth Hopper
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1918 November 8
Jeff Montgomery, USMC, wrote this letter to his future wife Ruth Hopper in Jackson, Tennessee. Montgomery is in training at the Marine Corps Barracks on Parris Island. He enlisted only a few weeks before the armistice. His letter discussed drilling and training. He mentioned the receipt of their new Marine uniforms in "winter green." He explained that they were receiving their typhoid shots the following day.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Parris Island (S.C.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Letter from Marine Jeff Montgomery to Ruth Hopper. 1918 November 8. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1509. (Accessed October 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918 November 8) Letter from Marine Jeff Montgomery to Ruth Hopper. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1509
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1509>.