Certificate of recognition for WWI service of John C. Bowling
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A memorial certificate of recognition signed by President Lyndon Johnson recognizing the service of John C. Bowling of Knoxville in World War I. These certificates were provided by the government upon request from deceased veteran's families. Pvt. Bowling served as a teamster in the 53rd Pioneer Brig. working on military engineering works in France. The document in GWmary025 cites his service in St. Mihiel and Argonne Forest from September 12 to Armistice Day, November 11, 1918.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Washington (D.C.)
- CertificatesMilitary records
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Certificate of recognition for WWI service of John C. Bowling. 1960s. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1552. (Accessed October 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1960s) Certificate of recognition for WWI service of John C. Bowling. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1552
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1552>.