A map of Kincardineshire, Scotland (1776, repr. 1797)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Highly detailed map of the county of Kincardineshire, Scotland. The legend indicates various broken lines for the boundaries of parishes, estates, and parishes and estates. Cities, lochs, rivers, roads, mills, harbors, wells, bridges, ferries, hills, and ruins are all named. Landowners and estates are denoted in their locations. Differences in terrain are artfully drawn such as hills, farmland, and forests. A depiction of Dunnotar Castle, the seat of the Keith Clan, Earls Marischal of Scotland, is shown on the right. The cartouche depicts a manor house atop a hill and a robed woman among farm equipment. In the bottom left, a chart of population and acreage of each parish and altitude of remarkable hills is provided.
- Garden, William, active 1771-1806
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Kincardineshire (Scotland)--Maps
Dunnottar Castle (Scotland)--Pictorial works--Early works to 1800
Kincardineshire (Scotland)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Garden, William, active 1771-1806. A map of Kincardineshire, Scotland (1776, repr. 1797). 1797. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/8888. (Accessed November 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Garden, William, active 1771-1806, (1797) A map of Kincardineshire, Scotland (1776, repr. 1797). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/8888
- MLA citation style
- Garden, William, active 1771-1806. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/8888>.