First plan of Knoxville
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Plan showing the original layout of the city of Knoxville, drawn in about 1791. A number of the city's earliest families are represented on this map, including Humes, Henley, Cowan, McClung, Camp, Beardin, Blount, Strong, Crozier, and Craighead. The section designated "graveyard" at the bottom left survives as the graveyard as the First Presbyterian Church. The original document is available in the Special Collections Library.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Libraries
- Donning Company Publishers
- Knoxville (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- First plan of Knoxville. 1791. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.lib.utk.edu/collections/islandora/object/tenncities%3A287. (Accessed November 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1791) First plan of Knoxville. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.lib.utk.edu/collections/islandora/object/tenncities%3A287
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://digital.lib.utk.edu/collections/islandora/object/tenncities%3A287>.