Rehearsal for arrival of Bishop William L. Adrian in Nashville, Tennessee, 1936 May 04
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of a group of children holding flags high rehearsing to greet Bishop Adrian upon his arrival at the Cathedral of the Incarnation on West End Avenue, Nashville, Tennessee, the next day. This title and caption accompanied the photo in the Nashville Banner newspaper: "Catholic Children Rehearse Demonstration To Honor Adrian." "When the Most Reverend William Lawrence Adrian, Bishop of Nashville, arrives here tomorrow he will be driven from the railway station to the Bishop's House. When he passes Cathedral School at 2011 West End Avenue, near his new residence, Bishop Adrian will be welcomed by the 593 pupils of the grade and high schools. These children are shown in the picture above as they were rehearsing today for the demonstration planned in honor of the Bishop. The children are on the lawn in front of the Cathedral and school." Forms part of the Nashville Banner Archives. 1 photograph negative : b & w ; 3.25 x 4.25 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Adrian, William L., 1883-1972
Cathedral of the Incarnation (Nashville, Tenn.)
Manners & customs--Tennessee--Nashville
West End Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
Nashville (Tenn.)--Religious life and customs
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Rehearsal for arrival of Bishop William L. Adrian in Nashville, Tennessee, 1936 May 04. 1936-05-04. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2345. (Accessed November 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1936-05-04) Rehearsal for arrival of Bishop William L. Adrian in Nashville, Tennessee, 1936 May 04. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2345
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2345>.