Front hall of the Hermitage, circa 1930
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A postcard featuring the front entry hall of the Hermitage, home of General Andrew Jackson, seventh President of the United States. The wallpaper represents the legend of the travels of Telemachus, a figure in Greek mythology, and was imported by Jackson in 1835. Also pictured is a circular staircase leading up to the second level. Forms part of the Norton Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Wiles (Publisher)
- Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845--Homes and haunts--Tennessee--Hermitage
Hermitage (Hermitage, Tenn.)
Historic house museums--Tennessee--Hermitage
Hermitage (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Front hall of the Hermitage, circa 1930. 1930~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1812. (Accessed September 17, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1930~) Front hall of the Hermitage, circa 1930. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1812
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1812>.