Map of the Civil War battlefields of Chattanooga
- View Full Item
- Created Date
One of a series of maps illustrating the campaigns in and around Chattanooga, this detailed topographical map shows the November 23-25, 1863 disposition of Union and Confederate forces at the Battle of Missionary Ridge, prepared under the direction of Daniel S. Lamont, Secretary of War and drawn by Edward E. Betts, Park Engineer. Shows Chattanooga and surrounding areas with stamps and markings showing troop locations and camps.
The Chattanooga and Chickamauga National Military Park was the first of the Civil War battlefields to be commemorated, and these maps were prepared by the Park Commission to map the military landscape that would be marked and interpreted in the park.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park (Ga. and Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Map of the Civil War battlefields of Chattanooga. 1901. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/333. (Accessed November 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1901) Map of the Civil War battlefields of Chattanooga. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/333
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/333>.