Saint Ann's Catholic Church, circa 2001
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of Saint Ann's Catholic Church located at 5101 Charlotte Avenue in Nashville, Tennessee. The parish was founded in 1917 as Saint Peter's Catholic Mission. In these early days the congregation met once a month for mass in an already existing hall on Charlotte Avenue. After four years of this makeshift arrangement, an old home on the corner of Fifty-first Street and Charlotte Avenue was secured and remodeled into a proper church. A Catholic school that services grades Kindergarten through Eighth is associated with the church and occupies a building that is attached to the church. The church's foundation is made of smooth finished stone blocks. The exterior walls are red brick with stone around the front entry. The roof is gabled and composed of tar shingles. The windows are tall, narrow and arched. They feature stained glass patterns. The doors have both metal and wood frames with glass panes. Other features include a large statue on the front facade of the Virgin Mary, a stone cross at the apex of the roof and a bell tower that is also adorned with a stone cross. Forms part of the Historic Nashville, Inc. Sacred Sites Survey Project. 1 photograph : col. ; 4 x 6 in.
- Historic Nashville, Inc
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Saint Ann's Catholic Church (Nashville, Tenn.)
Catholic church buildings--Tennessee--Nashville
Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint--Statues
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Nashville (Tenn.)--Religious life and customs
Charlotte Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc. Saint Ann's Catholic Church, circa 2001. 2001~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1400. (Accessed January 29, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc, (2001~) Saint Ann's Catholic Church, circa 2001. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1400
- MLA citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1400>.