Nashville medal of Dennis E. Kearney
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This medal was presented by the City of Nashville to Tennessee National Guardsmen who served in the Mexican Border Campaign. This speciman was presented to Dennis Edward Kearney. The reverse carries the inscription "PRESENTED/BY/THE CITZENS OF/ NASHVILLE TENNESSEE/TO THEIR LOYAL/FIGHTING BOYS." National Guard units from several states were deployed to U.S.-Mexican border in 1916-1917 in response to raids by the Mexican bandit Pancho Villa. General John J. Pershing led U.S. forces.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Nashville (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Nashville medal of Dennis E. Kearney. 1917. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/491. (Accessed September 17, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917) Nashville medal of Dennis E. Kearney. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/491
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/491>.