US gas mask bag and mask
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This is a typical US issued gas mask and gas mask bag. With the introduction of gas warfare in 1915, the armies of the world required protection against the poisionous vapors. The American gas mask was carried in the bag on the center of the chest. In the event of a gas attack, the mask was placed over the face while the canister remained in the bag.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States
- Tools and equipmentClothing
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- US gas mask bag and mask. 1917-1919. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2567. (Accessed October 24, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917-1919) US gas mask bag and mask. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2567
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2567>.