Ready for Work at Box Factory
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Photograph of two women from the Old Hickory Powder Plant Box Factory dressed in their work uniforms, called "womanalls." One of the women is seated on a box, presumably made at the factory. In the accompanying article published in the Old Hickory News, the women's foreman describes the women as "doing a man's work at a man's pay and doing it better than a man can do."
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Old Hickory Powder Plant
- Defense industries--Employees
E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company
Old Hickory Powder Plant (Old Hickory, Tenn.)
World War, 1914-1918
World War, 1914-1918--Economic & industrial aspects--United States
World War, 1914-1918--Social aspects--United States
World War, 1914-1918--Participation, Female--Tennessee
World War, 1914-1918--War work--Tennessee
- Old Hickory (Tenn.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Ready for Work at Box Factory. 1918-11-02. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1964. (Accessed September 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918-11-02) Ready for Work at Box Factory. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1964
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1964>.