Bedford County, Tennessee
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Hand-drawn map of Bedford County, Tennessee, with county borders hand colored in yellow. Shelbyville, Cornerville, Farmington, Gideonville, and Fort Nash are all deonted. The Duck River and its many tributaries are drawn and named. Roads are represented by dotted lines. A hemp factory and wool factory are included on this version but not on the published map. The military reservation line is named a the top of the map. Relief shown by hachures. Scale is 5 miles to the inch.
This map, along with his other county maps, may have been used by Rhea to make his seminal map of the State of Tennessee with cousin Joseph Campbell Rhea.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Bedford County (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
Shelbyville (Tenn.) Duck River (Tenn.)
Cities & towns
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Bedford County, Tennessee. undated. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9408. (Accessed November 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (undated) Bedford County, Tennessee. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9408
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9408>.