Plat for proposed county (Crockett), Tennessee (1845)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Plat and survey indicating the area cut from Gibson, Madison, Dyer, and Haywood counties for creation of the proposed Crockett County. The map shows the cities of Jackson, Dyersburg, Trenton, and Cherryville. It denotes the distances between two forks of the Forked Deer River and shows county lines.
This map is a remnant of an early, unsuccessful attempt to create a new county from portions of Gibson, Madison, Dyer, and Haywood counties. Crockett County wasn't formally established until 1871, created from portions of the above-referenced counties. It is named for Tennessee frontiersman and legislator, David Crockett. Its county seat and largest city is Alamo (originally Cageville) named for the famous battle of the Texas Revolution in which Crockett fought and died.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Crockett County (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
Forked Deer River (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Plat for proposed county (Crockett), Tennessee (1845). 1845. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/8980. (Accessed January 22, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1845) Plat for proposed county (Crockett), Tennessee (1845). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/8980
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/8980>.