French model 1877 canteen of Pvt. Henry R. Hubbs
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This standard issue French Army canteen was brought home by Pvt. Henry Hubbs, a box maker from Knoxville. He served in Co. E, 130th Inf. Regt., 33rd Div. According to family history, Hubbs never saw fighting because damage to a transport ship delayed his arrival. He spent most of his time overseas on duty in Luxembourg. Pvt. Hubbs trained at Camp Gordon, Georgia and was overseas from August 26, 1918 until May 20, 1919.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- French model 1877 canteen of Pvt. Henry R. Hubbs. 1917-1919. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2073. (Accessed October 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917-1919) French model 1877 canteen of Pvt. Henry R. Hubbs. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2073
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2073>.