Giles County, Tennessee soil map (1907)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A 1907 color soil map of Giles County (Tenn.) surveyed by Orla L. Ayrs and M. W. Gray. In addition to soil types by color, this detailed map shows house structures, county boundary lines, dwellings and sections of the Louisville and Nashville Railroad as well as naming towns, streams, churches, schools, and topographical features.
These early 20th century Tennessee county maps from the state Division of Geology show most significant economic and demographic features in the counties. They accompanied the published USGS Soil Survey volume for the county.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Giles County (Tenn.)
Louisville and Nashville Railroad Company
Soil survey materials
Cities & towns
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Giles County, Tennessee soil map (1907). 1907. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/145. (Accessed October 23, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1907) Giles County, Tennessee soil map (1907). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/145
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/145>.