Oral history interview with John S. Bransford, Sr., 1980 July 09, excerpt 03
- View Full Item
- Created Date
An excerpt from an oral history interview with Nashville investor John S. Bransford, Sr., conducted on 9 July 1980 by Leanne Thornton as part of the Historic Nashville, Inc. Oral History Project. Bransford discusses the United States Army taking over property belonging to Luke Lea near Warner Park to use as an Army base during World War I. The complete interview, as well an index, is available in the Special Collections Division.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Bransford, John Sterling, 1906-1984--Interviews
Lea, Luke, 1879-1945
Percy Warner Park (Nashville, Tenn.)
United States. Army
World War I
Capitalists and financiers--Tennessee--Nashville
World War, 1914-1918
- SoundOral histories
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Oral history interview with John S. Bransford, Sr., 1980 July 09, excerpt 03. 1980-07-09. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/801. (Accessed September 17, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1980-07-09) Oral history interview with John S. Bransford, Sr., 1980 July 09, excerpt 03. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/801
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/801>.