Uniform and box respirator of James M. Davis
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This is the World War I uniform of Pvt. James M. Davis, Co. F, 105th Inf. Regt., 27th Div. Davis was from Bemis, Madison County, Tennessee. The wool uniform has his regimental disc on the left collar and the US insignia on the right. His overseas cap, aka garrison cap, also has a unit disc and an unofficially placed infantry branch insignia pinned to the front. The 27th Div. was known as the "Orion" Division due to the fact that the commanding general was Maj. Gen. John F. O'Ryan.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Uniform and box respirator of James M. Davis. 1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1110. (Accessed October 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918) Uniform and box respirator of James M. Davis. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1110
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1110>.