Capt. Walter Chandler's WWI journal
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1917 -1918
A clothbound WWI journal owned by Capt. Walter Chandler of the 114th FA. 30th Div., later a Shelby County congressman and mayor of Memphis. Several of the pages have entries. Entries include Col. Luke Lea placing him in command of the battery supply company (11/6/17); leaving for Camp Sevier (4/27/18); sailing for Liverpool in convoy on the British "S.S. Karoa;" after England arriving in Havre, France, visiting Rheims and hearing the "doleful sound" of big guns.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Capt. Walter Chandler's WWI journal. 1917 -1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/117. (Accessed October 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917 -1918) Capt. Walter Chandler's WWI journal. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/117
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/117>.