Letter from Marine Jeff Montgomery to Ruth Hopper
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1918 November 17
Jeff Montgomery, USMC, wrote this letter to his future wife Ruth Hopper in Jackson, Tennessee. He wrote, "Well I wonder who is with you tonight. Some lucky fellow I guess (sic) wished it was me." He describes missing church due to an inspection. "Sergeant "Balled" us out because there were three or four that didn't have on their clean clothes but the whole company had to take the medicine." The letter was written on Knights of Columbus stationery.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Parris Island (S.C.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Letter from Marine Jeff Montgomery to Ruth Hopper. 1918 November 17. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1526. (Accessed October 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918 November 17) Letter from Marine Jeff Montgomery to Ruth Hopper. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1526
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1526>.