Photograph of Marine rocket crew in action, 1951 August
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Photograph of Marine 4.5 rocket crew in action during Operation Punchbowl near the Hwachon Reservoir in North Korea during August 1951. Scene shows smoke, sparks, and flame from launched rocket, as well as seven Marines squatting and standing next to rocket launcher. This unit fired 122 rockets in a single evening when the photograph was taken. The photograph was taken by Bill Goodman, a Marine Corps combat photographer with the First Marine Division in both South and North Korea in 1951 during the Korean War. He was later employed by the Nashville Banner newspaper as a photographer from 1955 to 1990. Forms part of the Veterans History Project. 1 digital print.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- United States. Marine Corps. Division, 1st
Korean War, 1950-1953--Participation, American
Korean War, 1950-1953--Photography
Korean War, 1950-1953--Campaigns
Rocket launchers (Ordnance)
- Still imageDigital prints
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Photograph of Marine rocket crew in action, 1951 August. 1951-08. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/351. (Accessed December 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1951-08) Photograph of Marine rocket crew in action, 1951 August. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/351
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/351>.