Nashville, Tenn. Court Square - Market Day, between 1901 and 1907
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- Between 1901 and 1907
A postcard of Court Square on Market Day. Court Square, also referred to as Court House Square or Public Square, was located right in the center of the city. The square, with the county courthouse, city hall and market center, was a focus of wholesale commerce and political activity for the city for many years. On market days the square was especially busy. The old city hall, dating from the 1850s, was replaced by a new city hall and courthouse in 1937. Most of the remaining buildings were destroyed in the 1970s as part of urban renewal projects. RaphoType Postcard no. 5184, "Nashville, Tenn." Forms part of the Nashville Room Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Raphael Tuck & Sons (Publisher)
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
Carriages and carts--Tennessee--Nashville
City & town halls--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Public Square (Nashville, Tenn.)--History--Sources
Court House Square (Nashville, Tenn.)--History--Sources
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Nashville, Tenn. Court Square - Market Day, between 1901 and 1907. Between 1901 and 1907. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/668. (Accessed December 9, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (Between 1901 and 1907) Nashville, Tenn. Court Square - Market Day, between 1901 and 1907. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/668
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/668>.