Navy Submarine Chaser launched by Mrs. Francis Craig in Nashville, Tennessee, 1942 September
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A scene from the launch of a World War II Navy submarine chaser, built in Nashville, and dedicated by Mrs. Francis Craig, circa September 1942. The Nashville Bridge Company built this vessel at a facility along the Cumberland River near downtown Nashville. Forms part of Record Group 412, Photographs Collection. 1 photograph negative : b & w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Craig family
Nashville Bridge Company
Steel industry and trade--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
Nashville and Davidson County (Tenn.)--History--Sources
Cumberland River (Ky. and Tenn.)
- Still imageNegatives
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Metro Archives, Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5880.
- Chicago citation style
- Navy Submarine Chaser launched by Mrs. Francis Craig in Nashville, Tennessee, 1942 September. 1942-09. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/5617. (Accessed January 19, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1942-09) Navy Submarine Chaser launched by Mrs. Francis Craig in Nashville, Tennessee, 1942 September. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/5617
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/5617>.