Hotel Andrew Johnson
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The Andrew Johnson Hotel opened on Gay Street in 1929 and prospered throughout the Great Depression. Its numerous guests included Jean Paul Sarte, Duke Ellington, Amelia Erhart, Liberace, Tony Perkins, and Sergei Rachmaninoff. Knox County purchased the building in 1990, and is considering selling the property for a mix of residential and commercial uses as of June 2007. This particular postcard was mailed on October 13, 1934 from Chattanooga.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Libraries
- Knoxville (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Hotel Andrew Johnson. 1934. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.lib.utk.edu/collections/islandora/object/tenncities%3A335. (Accessed October 17, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1934) Hotel Andrew Johnson. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.lib.utk.edu/collections/islandora/object/tenncities%3A335
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://digital.lib.utk.edu/collections/islandora/object/tenncities%3A335>.