Letter from Marine Jeff Montgomery to Ruth Hopper
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1918 November 28
Jeff Montgomery, USMC, wrote this letter to his future wife Ruth Hopper in Jackson. Written on Marine Corps stationery, Montgmery has written in ink the translation of the Marine Corps motto "Always Faithful." He discusses that the football game was not played due to rain and then describes the Thanksgiving meal at Parris Island. They ate tomato soup, roast turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, potatoes, stewed corn, gravy, jelly roll, mixed nuts, cigars, cigarettes, bread, butter, and coffee.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Parris Island (S.C.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Letter from Marine Jeff Montgomery to Ruth Hopper. 1918 November 28. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1530. (Accessed October 13, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918 November 28) Letter from Marine Jeff Montgomery to Ruth Hopper. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1530
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1530>.