Letter from Major Joseph J. Ring to his father
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1918 November 3
This letter was sent from Maj. Joseph Jasper Ring to his father, Henry H. Ring of Franklin, Tennessee. Joseph, serving in the Engineer Corps, explains how they go about preparing for a big offensive to"give the Boche (sic) our whole undivided attention and pretty near finish him off in short order�". He also mentions receiving a letter from his brother Frank. Frank was killed October 9, 1918 so the letter must have taken a long time to reach Joseph even with both men serving in France.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Letter from Major Joseph J. Ring to his father. 1918 November 3. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2595. (Accessed September 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918 November 3) Letter from Major Joseph J. Ring to his father. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2595
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2595>.