Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, circa 1940
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A postcard showing the hustle and bustle of Church Street in Nashville, Tennessee, circa 1940. Pedestrians line the sidewalks, while the streets are busy with vehicles, including the Cedar - Jo Johnston bus. During the Great Depression and World War II, Church Street was the main avenue for retail business. Forms part of the Norton Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
City and town life--Tennessee--Nashville
Stores & shops--Tennessee--Nashville
Church Street (Nashville, Tenn.)
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, circa 1940. 1940~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1186. (Accessed October 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1940~) Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, circa 1940. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1186
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1186>.