Post route map of Tennessee (1877)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Map showing the postal routes across the state of Tennessee and adjacent states. It indicates, by color, how often mail runs along these routes, as well as shows railroads, special supply routes, and discontinued post offices. Latitudinal and longitudinal lines are illustrated along the border.
This map provides a detailed look at the post offices and postal routes of Tennessee towards the end of the 19th Century.
- Gorham, Charles E
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Post roads--United States--Maps
Post office branches and stations--United States--Maps
Nashville, Chattanooga, and St. Louis Railway
Memphis and Charleston Railway Company
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Gorham, Charles E. Post route map of Tennessee (1877). 1877. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/410. (Accessed October 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Gorham, Charles E, (1877) Post route map of Tennessee (1877). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/410
- MLA citation style
- Gorham, Charles E. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/410>.