Photograph of the Old Hickory Dam
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photograph shows the Old Hickory Dam and spillway bridge. The Old Hickory Dam was built in 1953 by the U.S. Corps of Engineers on the Cumberland River. The dam helps regulate the water levels downstream to Nashville and beyond. The impounding created Old Hickory Lake. In this photograph it appears that the dam is still under construction.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Old Hickory (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Photograph of the Old Hickory Dam. 1950-1953. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/3410. (Accessed September 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1950-1953) Photograph of the Old Hickory Dam. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/3410
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/3410>.