WWII Newsmap Vol. 2, No. 27
- View Full Item
- Created Date
World War II newsmap from October 25, 1943 depicting action on various war fronts. Inset maps show the Dnepr River, operations in Burma, Tunisia, and New Guinea. Photographs show Nazis using Soviet equipment and men in battle for Italy, a Soviet soldier and RAF officer, Lieut. Col. Chesley G. Peterson, Salt Lake City, Fuel pipe lines, Fifth Army engineers, and the Naga Hills of northern Burma.
TSLA holds a large collection of these WWII "newsmaps" detailing for the American public the weekly events of US military efforts in Europe and the Pacific theaters. The Bureau of Public Relations was established in the Office of the Secretary of War in February 1941. The Bureau served as the central War Department agency to determine policies and procedures for disseminating military information to the public. After August 1942, it was also responsible for the public relations activities of the Army Air Forces, the Army Service Forces and the Army Ground Forces. During the war, the Bureau produced these weekly newsmaps for War Department distribution.
- United States. War Department. Bureau of Public Relations
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- War posters, American
World War, 1939-1945--Maps
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- United States. War Department. Bureau of Public Relations. WWII Newsmap Vol. 2, No. 27. 1943. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/10259. (Accessed January 21, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- United States. War Department. Bureau of Public Relations, (1943) WWII Newsmap Vol. 2, No. 27. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/10259
- MLA citation style
- United States. War Department. Bureau of Public Relations. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/10259>.