Guilford Dudley, Jr. receives Metro medal from Mayor Briley, 1969 May 26
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Life and Casualty Insurance Executive Guilford Dudley, Jr. received a medal of recognition from Nashville Mayor Briley on May 26th, 1969. Dudley served as president of Life & Casualty Insurance Company from 1952 until 1969. He was the youngest child, and only son of Guilford Dudley (1854-1945) and Anne Dallas Dudley (1876-1955), a leading activist in the women’s suffrage movement in the United States. He was born and died in Nashville, Tennessee. He is buried in Mount Olivet Cemetery. Forms part of Record Group 3, Metro Davidson County Photographer. 1 photograph negative : b & w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Dudley, Guilford, 1907-2002
Briley, Beverly, 1914-1980
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
Nashville and Davidson County (Tenn.)--History--Sources
- Still imageNegatives
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Metro Archives, Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5880.
- Chicago citation style
- Guilford Dudley, Jr. receives Metro medal from Mayor Briley, 1969 May 26. 1969-05-26. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/4710. (Accessed October 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1969-05-26) Guilford Dudley, Jr. receives Metro medal from Mayor Briley, 1969 May 26. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/4710
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/4710>.