St. Augustine's Episcopal Chapel, 2001 May 25
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of St. Augustine Episcopal Chapel located at 200 Twenty-fourth Avenue South on the campus of Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. This West End neighborhood chapel was started in the mid 1950s with seed money from nearby St. George's Episcopal and Christ Church Episcopal. The foundation is made of brick and concrete. The exterior walls are composed of red brick and wood siding. The roof is gabled and is in an A-frame design down to the ground over the chapel. It is composed of asphalt shingles. The other portions of the church are covered by a flat roof. The windows are clear glass with wood frames. The doors are made of wood and some have clear glass panes. Special features include a tall wooded cross in the front yard and colored glass in the sanctuary. Currently Saint Augustine's Episcopal Chapel also houses chaplains from and holds services for the United Methodist and Presbyterian ministries on campus. Forms part of the Historic Nashville, Inc. Sacred Sites Survey Project. 1 photograph : col. ; 4 x 6 in.
- Historic Nashville, Inc
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- St. Augustine Episcopal Chapel (Nashville, Tenn.)
Colleges and Universities
Episcopal church buildings--Tennessee--Nashville
Universities and colleges
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Nashville (Tenn.)--Religious life and customs
Hillsboro-West End (Nashville, Tenn.)
Twenty-fourth Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc. St. Augustine's Episcopal Chapel, 2001 May 25. 2001-05-25. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1402. (Accessed January 18, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc, (2001-05-25) St. Augustine's Episcopal Chapel, 2001 May 25. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1402
- MLA citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1402>.