Greetings from Nashville, Tennessee, 1961
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A postcard featuring two Nashville scenes. The top section is of the Parthenon in Centennial Park. The view shows the annual Christmas display which attracted thousands of visitors each year from 1954 to 1967. In 1968 the oversized nativity scene was sold to a shopping center in Cincinnati because of the inability to make necessary repairs to the pieces. The bottom photograph is of the Nashville city skyline showing the Life and Casualty Building towering above the City. This building was once the tallest skyscraper in the south. A "Greetings from Nashville, Tennessee" banner separates the two photographs. Forms part of the Norton Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Capitol News Co. (Publisher)
- Parthenon (Art museum : Nashville, Tenn.)
Life and Casualty Insurance Company of Tennessee
Cre?ches (Nativity scenes)--Tennessee--Nashville
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
Social & civic facilities--Tennessee--Nashville
Centennial Park (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Greetings from Nashville, Tennessee, 1961. 1961. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1816. (Accessed October 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1961) Greetings from Nashville, Tennessee, 1961. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1816
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1816>.