Photograph of the entranceway columns of the American Legion Post 5 in Nashville, Tennessee, 1960
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of the artwork design of the columns of the American Legion Post 5 clubhouse in Nashville, Tennessee. This building was located at 120 9th Avenue S. (previously Vauxhall Street.) The post also made use of the house at 118 9th Avenue S, so the official address is listed at different times as 118 (with no address appearing for 120) and 118-120 9th Avenue S. The exact date of construction is uncertain, but it appears as a dwelling on maps as early as 1897. The American Legion Post 5 used the clubhouse for meetings and social events until its demolition in the 1960s. Photographed by the Nashville architect Charles Wesley Warterfield, Jr. (1926-1998); the architectural photograph forms part of the Charles Warterfield Architectural Collection. Gift of: The Estate of Charles W. Warterfield, Jr., F. A. I. A.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- American Legion--Buildings--Tennessee--Nashville
American Legion. Dept. of Tennessee--Buildings
American Legion. Post 5 (Nashville, Tenn.)
Doors & doorways--Tennessee--Nashville
Associations, institutions, etc.--Tennessee--Nashville
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Ninth Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
Vauxhall Street (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imageSlidesPhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. This image is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Nashville Room, Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Photograph of the entranceway columns of the American Legion Post 5 in Nashville, Tennessee, 1960. 1960. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/37. (Accessed December 6, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1960) Photograph of the entranceway columns of the American Legion Post 5 in Nashville, Tennessee, 1960. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/37
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/37>.