- View Full Item
- Created Date
English translation of the French order announcing the Armistice to the French Naval forces at Brest. Announcement is signed by Vice-Admiral P. Moreau. Document from a scapbook album of photographs and documents about George H. Harries. Vice-Admiral Frederic P. Moreau (1858-1929) commanded the French facilities at the port of Brest. He was awarded the Distinguished Service Medal by the U.S. Army. Harries commanded Base Section No. 5 (U.S. facilities in and around port of Brest).
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Brest (France)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Armistice announcement. 1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2399. (Accessed November 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918) Armistice announcement. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2399
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2399>.