Arlington United Methodist Church, 2000 October
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of Arlington United Methodist Church located at 1360 Murfreesboro Road in Nashville, Tennessee. The church was started as a Sunday school for neighborhood children in 1873. Later that year children and adults began meeting for services in a school building. At the end of the year the congregation hired Ben Turbeville, who had built the Maxwell House Hotel, to construct Arlington Chapel. The cost was $2,280. The church was completed in 1874. Several additions have been made to the original church, including the present sanctuary dedicated April 7, 1957. The exterior walls are red brick. The roof is made of grey shingles. There are three plain glass windows on each side of the church. There are two single wooden doors. Special features include decorative lattice work and a central window/vent on the roof. Forms part of the Historic Nashville, Inc. Sacred Sites Survey Project. 1 photograph : b & w ; 4 x 6 in.
- Historic Nashville, Inc
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Arlington United Methodist Church (Nashville, Tenn.)
Methodist church buildings--Tennessee--Nashville
Protestant church buildings--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Nashville (Tenn.)--Religious life and customs
Murfreesboro Road (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc. Arlington United Methodist Church, 2000 October. 2000-10. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/720. (Accessed January 27, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc, (2000-10) Arlington United Methodist Church, 2000 October. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/720
- MLA citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/720>.