Chattanooga & vicinity
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- approximately 1867
Map of Chattanooga and surrounding area showing roads, railroads, towns, stations, the National Cemetery, and Bragg's headquarters. Geographic features include the Tennessee River, creeks, mountains, islands, hills, and springs. Verso inscription includes the name T. B. van Horne, probably Thomas B. van Horne who, as chaplain for Maj. Gen. George H. Thomas, was instructed to manage a cemetery for the Chattanooga Campaign.
Accessioned as part of the papers of Maj. Alonzo Wainwright. Wainwright, as quartermaster, oversaw the reinterment of the dead in Chattanooga following the war.
- Shober, Charles
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Chattanooga (Tenn.)--History--Maps
Van Horne, Thomas B. (Thomas Budd), -1895
Wainwright, Alonzo A
Cities & towns
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Shober, Charles. Chattanooga & vicinity. approximately 1867. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9960. (Accessed November 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Shober, Charles, (approximately 1867) Chattanooga & vicinity. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9960
- MLA citation style
- Shober, Charles. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9960>.