Letter written to a friend from John Jacob Baggenstoss
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1917 October 12
Baggenstoss enlisted in the US Navy at age 17 in 1917. He served on USS New Jersey and USS Delaware and took part in the search for the missing transport USS Cyclops which disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle in March 1918. In his letter he talks about visiting New York and about getting sea sick. He also discusses his pay and events that are going on with friends from home.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- New York (N.Y.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Letter written to a friend from John Jacob Baggenstoss. 1917 October 12. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1865. (Accessed October 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917 October 12) Letter written to a friend from John Jacob Baggenstoss. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1865
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1865>.